Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Well, on Friday night after my last blog entry I fell down the stairs when my legs decided to stop working... I have a bruised bottom and back and a sore elbow but im okay... I went to the GP yesterday, a new GP. She believes in Fibromyalgia and is going to read all my notes for the last 19years and there will be alot of notes... she is then going to see me next wednesday and we will write a letter to a Rhuematologist who will examine me and hopefully diagnose me. She said that some Rhuematologists like to diagnose Fibromyalgia (FM) and some don't. I feel that whatever the diagnoses and prognosis, it would help me to know. At least then I can try and make the most of my life. I was asked yesterday by a neighbour what Fibromyalgia was, i wasn't really able to explain so said it was like arthritis, it's not really like arthritis though, arthritis can be treated, this can't. Arthritis is in small joints, this is all over. I already have to use a walking stick, I am scared of how much worse I will get. Also my medication has been changed. I am now on 8 paracetamol a day. Which is better than before but I don't think they will be strong enough. Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment