Saturday, September 12, 2009

Mental Health

I have just watched my neighbour first trying to smash her window with a hammer, then after a while of silence, with the other neighbours laughing at her, calling her names, the police arrived. He didn't get an answer upon looking through her letterbox he saw her lying at the bottom of the stairs. After a while, an ambulance arrived, the police asked us if we knew her name. Which no one did. She was eventually taken away on a stretcher, suffering a broken leg and slit wrists. I feel so saddened by this, having suffered with my mental health for a few years. Seeing my mum also suffer from this horrible condition. To think that she feels so sad and feels the only way out is this, is awful. Having heard that a friend of mine's sister recently lost her life to mental health issues little over a week ago, it's all just so heartbreaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment